Acne is one of the most common teenage and youth problems experienced by men and women alike. There are several causes and factors that lead to this condition. Acne on the ‘T’ area, i.e., the forehead, nose and chin, is relatively more common than on other parts of the face.
Causes of Chin Acne
Acne is accumulation of dead skin cells at a certain area. The production of oil increases in this area which then tries to come out of the pores. These open pores are more susceptible to bacterial infections, dust, etc. which makes it severe and difficult to get rid of. Chin acne in women (mostly young women) is more common as compared to that in men. Hormones are one of the most important and prominent factors causing acne in women. Chin or even nose acne is found to aggravate during puberty, monthly menstrual cycles and also during pregnancy.
Therefore, it is found that fluctuation in the hormone levels leads to acne. Apart from this, the following are other major chin acne causes:
- Having improper diet / nutritional deficiencies
- Oily skin / hair
- Increased production of hormones at puberty
- Certain cosmetics
- Certain prescription medications
- Wearing tight helmets / chin straps
Treating Acne on Chin
Most of the causes can be prevented beforehand, which will definitely save you a lot of trouble. One of the most reliable treatment methods include consulting the doctor and going for prescription acne skin care products. There are several acne lotions and creams available in the market that will help in getting rid of this condition. The doctor may also prescribe certain hormone medications or supplements, which are considered as the best acne treatments, as they help in keeping the hormone activity under check.
Apart from these, the following are some helpful methods for acne control:
- You need to look for ways to reduce stress. You can try relaxation techniques, or any other techniques of stress management for the same.
- Having a healthy diet, specially at puberty age or the growing years, is a must. You should concentrate on having fresh fruits and vegetables to prevent nutritional deficiencies and acne on chin.
- In order to get rid of cystic acne on chin, you need to avoid using cheap cosmetics or those which cause even slightest or irritation. You should invest in good cosmetics or avoid using them completely.
- One of the other natural acne cures is to wash the face 2-3 times a day (in case of oily skin), to reduce the production of oil and keep the acne from being free from infections. You can also invest in a good face wash for acne.
Lastly, as one of the most helpful tips on getting rid of acne on chin, remember to avoid eating fried, greasy and sugary foods. Excluding these foods from the diet, and following other remedies, will definitely help in complete cure of acne. Take care!